Tuesday, January 13, 2009

sisterhood of the travelling pants

Sisterhood of the travelling pants movie reminds me of a friend & myself.

It is not exactly like the movie but it involves a blue linen/jeans material pants. In 1993, a close friend of mine crashed at my place for 3 solid years before she decided to go home and get married. lol. During that period when we were sharing the same room, we both love this piece of jeans that I cannot remembered belong to whom? But apparently, the jeans is like a magic jeans when u put it on, it make u look slim & tall. Which is kinda true because my girlfriend was very slim whereas I hv a fuller figure but somehow both of us fit into it. We will take turns wearing it or tried to be the first to wear it especially during weekends. hehe. And it doesnt help that sometimes she will be crashing at her bf place and there was a time that She came all the way from marsiling to Raffles place just to pass me the pants coz I want to wear it. hahaha. We became obsessed with the pants and sometimes we fought for it. Like real sisters we argue. hehe. Looking back, how silly we were then, fighting over a pants which until now I just dont understand why doesnt we buy another pair. hehehe..I think the pants costs SG49.90 from a local designer near Raffles place MRT.
It goes on for a year (i think) and GOD's Will, one windy day, the pants just flew off the bamboo stick (right infront of our eyes!) and theres no way we can salvage it. hurhur. That was the end chapter of the linen/jeans pants for us. ahahhaa. After that, there is no jeans that feel and make us look the same again. hurhur. So, like the movie, the only similiarity was that the pants travelled with us to places like watching a movie, eating at restaurant/mamak shop..etc. lol

No comments: