Friday, December 9, 2011

My boo

My princess, Maya

My baby girl is not a baby anymore. Time flew by so fast and now she is 5 years old and attending grade 1.  I was too caught up with not wanting her to grow up so fast that I neglected the importance of early learning. Don't get me wrong, I do teach her abc, 123, colors n shapes but I've never pressure her. Unlike my first born, he can read when he was 3 years old.  I know I shouldn't compare, anyway, I have no one to blame but myself.
My girl is not totally clueless, the problem is she lack of confidence.  Surprisingly, her maths is excellent and I am proud of her, but when you start to raise your voice, she clammed up. She is doing well too in her Arabic and I love to hear her speaking Arabic with an Arab accents. So cute! Alphabet is the one that she is not sure of. Frankly, I dont know how to teach her for her to understand easily.
As a mum, I feel I have failed her for not teaching her properly. I took for granted that since my first born is easy, so are the rest of my children. Which is not the case.
I am going to make a time table for the kids soon and will get a white board to write important stuffs so we will remember. Since I have make mistake with my 2nd born, I will make sure my 3rd born and my 4th will get full attention from me too.
Overall,Maya is a pretty easy girl. Very obedient n seldom throw tantrums. She will always listen when I said no buying toy. Very gentle n loves loves to dance n pose for the camera. She knows all posed. And she dance well too.
Every mother wants the best for their child and I am amongst them.



To a better future,











No comments: