Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Eid Ahda 2010

Dubai celebrated Eid Ahda or Hari Raya Haji yesterday.
Singapore celebrate it today.
I ddnt prepared anything until the last minute when I felt that
I have to continue the tradition of having Eids' dishes.
So, I asked my helper to prepare the ingredients and I cooked
ayam masak merah (which is a must) and lontong with gravy(lauk lemak),
which i later beginning to feel the atmosphere of Eid.
I pitied my children coz they ddnt get to feel how i felt when i was young
celebrating Eid. It was fun & exciting.
1 week prior to Eid, I excitedly admiring my new clothes/shoes.
I cannot wait to put it on and feel proud.
But now, my children dont care abt Eid nor new shoes or clothes.

anyway, as long as they understand and know the meaning of Eid Ahda.
I am Happy.

So, what we do yesterday?
We stayed at home till 5plus and went to Global Village.
OMG, after so many years, there are still people flocking
into GV. And I am one of them. lolz.

over the years they improvised their system.
taking singapore as an example.
so, initially, it was free for all
NO entry charge.
then they imposed entry fees.
it was dhs5 for the first yr and gradually they increased to dhs15 per person.

And this year they lower down the entry fee to dhs10 per person BUT
they charge parking for those we want to park their cars near
the entrance. lolz.
Parking dhs40.

The stuffs they carried were almost the same as the past years.
But i like EGYPT pavillion for their colourful and beautiful
abayas & jalabiyas. The priced quite steep.
I CAN ONLY SEE. lolz.

ok, that is basically how i spend my Eid Ahda.
Tomorrow IF hubby is well, we might go to Al AIN zoo to visit the
animals. ;)

Happy Eid Ahda Everyone!


xoxo